A dog poop bag is a sturdy and leakproof material that you can use to pick up your dog poop and dispose of it properly.
This material is unarguably one of the best inventions in the dog world. The introduction of this material has helped keep our environment clean and sanitary.
However, the traditional poop bag is made of plastic, and disposing it in our environment can cause a serious problem because plastics are non-degradable materials. This is what led to the introduction of compostable poop bags by Petxyclopedia.
The Compostable poop bags are typically made from natural materials such as plant-based polymers, cornstarch, potato or sugarcane. These materials are renewable and sustainable, and they can be composted along with other organic waste.
The decomposition of compostable poop bags will even add nutrients to your soil and this will lead to the healthy growth of your plants.
In this article, I will not only be discussing the Petxyclopedia Compostable Poop Bag Ideas with you. I will also reveal to you the reason why you should opt for compostable poop bags and the factors to be considered before purchasing poop bags for your dog.
I guess you don’t want to miss this. Without further ado, Let’s begin.
Petxyclopedia Compostable Poop Bag Ideas – How to make Dog’s compostable poop bags from cornstarch?
You can make your compostable poop bag by yourself, it is a very easy process that doesn’t require much skill and stress.
Read carefully to get all the necessary steps.
- Cornstarch (2 cups)
- Water (1 cup)
- Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Mix 2 cups of cornstarch and 1 cup of water in a pot. Stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the mixture and stir again.
- Heat the pot over medium heat, and stir it constantly until you get a thick mixture that looks like a paste. This should be achieved after 5-7 minutes of stirring.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle, transfer it to a mixing bowl and knead it with your hands until it becomes smooth, and you get an elastic dough.
- On a flat surface, lay out a piece of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to the desired thickness. The dough should be about the size of a standard plastic bag.
- Cut the dough into the desired size for your poop bags using scissors.
- Peel off the excess dough from around the cut bags.
- To store the bags, layer them between parchment paper to prevent sticking.
By following all these steps, you will have your homemade compostable poop bag ready in no time.
Why Should You Opt for Compostable Poop Bags?
There are a lot of benefits attached to using compostable poop bags for your dog. This practice helps to improve the quality of your environment and it also helps prevent diseases.
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose compostable poop bags over any other conventional poop bags:
Excessive plastics or rubber in landfills can lead to the degradation of our environment.
However, with the usage of compostable poop bags, you will reduce the amount of plastic that goes into your landfills and this will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the danger of plastic contamination.
Unlike plastic poop bags that can take hundreds of years to decompose and can also leach harmful chemicals into the soil, compostable poop bags decompose easily within a few weeks, this is because they are made from plant-based materials such as corn starch and sugarcane which is biodegradable and 100% safe for the environment.
It Helps Improve your Garden
The usage of compostable poop bags can help add nutrients to your soil and this will lead to the healthy growth of the plants in your garden.
It is Cost-effective
Whereas Compostable poop bags are more expensive than traditional plastic bags. But, the benefits they offer to our environment are relatively high compared to their cost.
The things you should look out for before purchasing a Compostable Poop bags
Now that you’ve decided to opt for compostable poop bags, there are certain things you need to consider before finally getting one for your dog.
Here are some of the factors to consider:
- Size: The Size of the compostable poop bag should be a major concern for you. You want a poop bag that is large enough to hold your dog’s poop without tearing up or leaking.
- Price: The Price of poop bags varies based on their size and the material used to make them. You should consider the price and go for the one within the range you can afford.
- Material Used: The material used in making the poop bag should also be considered. You should get a poop bag that is leakproof and thick enough to hold dog poop. The compostable poop bag made from Cornstarch is the best when it comes to this.
- Chemical Free: Bio-degradable poop bags are a great idea. However, harmful chemicals are added to some during the production process. These chemicals might pose threats to your dog. This is why I will advise you to ensure that the compostable bag you want to get is 100% free from additives or harmful chemicals.
- Scented or unscented: Some poop bags are scented with fragrances to mask the odor of the waste. While this can be a nice feature, some dogs may be sensitive to the scent, so it’s important to consider your dog’s preferences.
- Brand reputation: It’s important to choose a brand with a good reputation for quality and reliability. Read reviews about the brand and make inquiries to know if truly the brand is as good as they have been painted.
These are the factors you should consider when getting a poop bag for your dog.
Using a Dog compostable poop bag is a nice option for you, your dog, and the environment. The price of these bags might be expensive and you may feel the need to make yours at home by yourself.
Doing this is not also hard, all you just have to do is get your cornstarch, vegetable oil, and some other materials that have been listed in a section in this article.
Mix them and follow the Petxyclopedia Compostable Poop Bag Ideas/steps to get your Compostable Poop bags made from Cornstarch ready.
Before you go, you can also read: Is Spring Water Good for Fish Tanks